2011 was an incredibly educational year. I took my first deer, I learned to field dress multiple species, cooked several types of game meat, learned the basics of bow.
Now I’ve got roughly 9 months to prepare for this coming fall.
I have a few major goals:
- Be stronger than I was back in 2009 (by extension, ever)
- Improve my physical conditioning to my 2009 levels
- Be able to put every arrow from my Z7 into a tennis ball sized group from 30 yards under any condition, on demand
- Be able to comfortably draw my Z7 at it’s factory weight of 60 pounds
- Help my friend make his 16 acres in the Catskills as huntable as possible (e.g. creating funnels, setting up cameras, placing treestands)
- Turn at least two of my non-hunting friends into hunters
- Become friends with at least two hunters
- Buy my winter hunting gear during the off-season (basically ASAP)
- Rejoin an MMA school to improve my stand up skills
- Become a Rifleman
- Continue expanding the palette of cooking techniques and ingredients I’m comfortable working with
I will mostly focus on these issues until the next hunting season.